Working as an Account Manager you will be responsible for managing the affiliate campaigns of our key clients and co-ordinating tasks between yourself and the Account Executives.
This role involves managing a number of clients, due to most accounts being enterprise or key accounts it will be some of the most demanding yet interesting affiliate campaigns on the network.
As the Account Manager you may have an Account Executive supporting you and other Account Managers and you will need to be able to delegate work as well as working collaboratively to ensure the client is getting the best returns on their affiliate program as possible.
Working with a variety of affiliates and merchants means you will be able to be creative and strategic in your approach and will need to be unflappable when dealing with challenging situations.
The Account Manager reports to the Client Services Team Leader whom oversees all accounts within the company and reports to the Director of Client Services in regards to budgeting, forecasts and program closures.
Whilst the below is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position may evolve over time and be refined for the changing affiliate marketing landscape.
- Manage and optimise assigned accounts to fulfil the needs of the customer.
- Implement and advise on affiliate marketing concepts to optimise assigned accounts.
- Manage affiliate relationships necessary for the successful management of assigned programs.
- Take a pro-active approach in solving issues with assigned clients, escalating issues to the appropriate team level when necessary.
- Work with Tech Team to integrate programs successfully.
- Analyse, optimise and communicate results to the Client Services Team Leader.
- Prioritise activities with the Account Executive.
- Renew contracts
- Train merchants in the operation of affiliate programs in preparation for launch.
- Co-ordinate a 90 day launch deployment strategy for the client and delegate tasks to the Account Executive
- Up-sell relevant services
- Identify and assist on merchants that have the potential to grow
- Responsibility for the processes that facilitate closing programs
- Advise on potential strategies for the optimisation of accounts
- Proactively address merchants that are overspending and underperforming
- Work independently to produce all necessary account management documentation and reporting.
- Produce regular and bespoke reports on assigned programs.
- Provide support to senior team members in the management of larger brand clients when necessary.
- Work with Publisher Developers on new affiliates or introductions to the merchant program.
- Schedule in performance partner introductions to the client.
- Attend appropriate client and networking events to enhance client relationship development.
- Interact with clients daily via phone and email for tactical requests
- Respond ASAP to all emails received by clients. If unable to answer their request immediately, be sure to let them know you have received the request and are looking into it right away.
- Check and oversee the progress of all current client integrations and setup to offer assistance where possible and maintain calendar of launch dates to ensure launches don’t conflict with seasonal or public holidays or similar Advertiser launches.
- Recruit and engage affiliates relevant to the campaigns you work on.
- Co-ordinate with the Publisher developer on new, smaller affiliates relevant to your campaigns, especially content sites.
- Once emails have been actioned “archive” them. Emails in your inbox are an indication of tasks that need to be completed.
- Find potential new volume drivers by looking through the Marketplace regularly.
- Complete all tasks assigned by the Client Services Team Leader and delegate smaller tasks to the Account Executive to assist in executing optimisation tasks.
- Review any incomplete tasks from the week
- Report on any 7 day increases or decreases in performance and attempt to explain them so that increases can be replicated and decreases can be investigated.
- Organising exposure and ensuring assets are sent to affiliates in a timely manner
- Review all creative assets to ensure they are up to date
- Review any outstanding tickets or emails and attempt to clear your inbox at the end of each week.
- Review any incomplete tasks from the month
- Report on any 30 day increases or decreases in performance and attempt to explain them so that increases can be replicated and decreases can be investigated.
- Attend appropriate client and networking events to enhance client relationship development
- Trial new affiliates or new technologies in order to grow affiliate programs and collate affiliate information to present new opportunities to clients
- Initiate and implement ideas to grow affiliate activities in line with the needs of clients and assist Account Managers in the creation of quarterly and yearly strategies
- Train merchants in new features and functions of the network